Don’t forget to add this yumminess to your Pin Boards!
Don’t miss this step-by-step video on How to Make Shrimp Pineapple Kebabs
Shrimp Pineapple Kebabs | Made To Order | Chef Zee CooksPrint This
- 2lbs Large or Jumbo Raw Shrimp (Tail Off)
- 1 Fresh Pineapple Cubed
- 1 ½ Limes
- 1 ½ tbs Chili Powder or Blackened Seasoning
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Salt
- Black Pepper to Taste
- Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Honey
- In a mixing bowl/cup chili powder or blackened seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, lime juice, salt, black pepper, and oil. Note that I am using an UNSALTED Chili Powder. If you’re using a salted seasoning, feel free to skip adding extra salt
- Once everything is mixed, remove 2 tbs of Chili Lime Marinade and add honey. Set aside. This will be your basting sauce that we will add at the end. Feel free to make extra sauce and use as a dipping if you wish
- In a separate mixing bowl, add raw shrimp and Chili Lime Marinade. Mix together until well combined
- Build skewers by adding 3 seasoned shrimps and 2 pineapples. Be sure alternate between shrimps and pineapples. You are also free to build them however you use. Make sure to soak skewers in water for 20 minutes to an hour beforehand
- Once all of the skewers are built, add the rest of the marinade over skewers and marinate for 20 mins to an hour or even overnight
- Heat up grill to 400 degrees and place shrimp skewers in a row
- After two minutes, flip shrimp over
- After you flip shrimp, begin basting skewers with Chili Lime Honey Basting Sauce.
- After two minutes or as soon as shrimp changes color, remove shrimp and feel free to add more Chili Lime Honey Sauce
When grilling with sugar, honey, or fruit make sure to place down grill mats or aluminum foil to prevent grilling grates from getting dirty. Sugar will caramelize and can be a pain to clean afterwards.