Happy Valentine’s Day! I hope everyone is having an amazing day. I’ve whipped up a delicious last minute Valentine’s Day Dessert that’s perfect for the newbie baker or the baker in a rush. This year I’m treating my friend, family, and my boyfriend to Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies! I saw this sweet treat on Pinterest and decided to try it out and wow…. I’m so happy I did. They have just the right amount of chocolate and when they’re paired with the cream cheese, it creates a sweet decadent treat. It’s the type of dessert that you keep coming back to time and time again without feeling guilty at all. Although, I’m not going to lie, I never feel guilty whenever I’m having brownies. They’re my weakness, which I happily indulge!
These brownies are easy to make and it takes a total of an hour– from start to finish. The swirl design is hands down my favorite part of this dish because you get to channel your inner artist and impress your guests as well. It looks much harder to make than what it is. I guarantee that people will be in awe when you make this dessert. The first few times I made these brownies, my sister was baffled! She was convinced that it was complex, but once I made it again with her by my side, she saw just how easy it was to make. Mind you, my sister is 13 which is saying a lot. Therefore, this dish is easy, kid friendly, and kid approved. Does it get any better than that?
Now not only are these brownies fairly quick to make, they’re also not too fussy. I love making this dessert because it doesn’t require that I use my stand mixer at all. And while I do love my stand mixer– trust me I do. Sometimes it’s a pain to set it up and then clean off. It’s great when you’re making an arduous dessert, but this dessert isn’t arduous at all. You making mix everything by hand using a mix of spatulas and whisks. The other amazing part about this dish is that you probably already have most of the ingredients at home.
Lastly, when making these brownies I used a wet-dry method. This essentially means that I combined all of my wet ingredients in one bowl and my dry ingredients in another bowl. Then I married the two together and voila– brownies. Wet-dry baking is very beginner friendly and great when you don’t have fancy tools. There’s a baker in all of us!
These Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies are perfect for any occasion.
If you’d like to see a step-by-step tutorial then click here: Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies
Until next time, Buen Provecho!
Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies | Made To Order | Chef Zee CooksPrint This
- Ingredients: Brownies
- 1 stick of butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar (200 g)
- 2 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup cocoa powder (21g)
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 tbs red food coloring
- ½ tsp white vinegar
- ¾ cup flour (95g)
- Ingredients: Cream cheese
- 8oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Sugar (50g)
- 1 egg
- We want to start off by melting the butter on a low flame. You can also do this in the microwave
- Then transfer your butter into a large mixing bowl and add the sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and vinegar. This dish has a tiny amount of vinegar, which you won’t taste at all. I add it to give my brownie a super vibrant red color
- Now mix that all together until it’s well combined
- Then add the red food coloring and mix. Your wet batter is going to come to life! If you want an even richer color, feel free to use red food coloring paste
- Set the wet batter to the side and in a different bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Be sure t that there aren’t any cocoa powder clumps
- Now add the dry ingredients into the wet batter and gently fold it in. I like to use a spatula but you can use a whisk.
- Once that’s done, set that to the side and mash up your room temperature cream cheese. If you don’t feel like doing this by hand, feel free to use a hand mixer
- Then add the egg, sugar, vanilla extract and combine as well
- Add your brownie batter to an 8×8 inch baking pan lined with parchment paper or baking spray. Be sure to leave behind 2-3tbs of brownie batter
- Now add your cream cheese mix and spread all over the brownie batter
- Drop the left over brownie batter over the cream cheese
- Then take a butter knife or small spatula and channel your inner artist. Create the swirls however you like!
- Bake your brownies at 350 degrees for 20-30 until a toothpick comes out clean
- Once the brownies have cooled completely, remove from the pan and cut into pieces