Nachos are hands down one of the funnest things to eat. You can freestyle them however you like and they’re always a fan favorite. This year, I’m making a splash at all of the Game Day parties by bringing Platano Nachos. They’re unexpected and sinfully delicious! I combined a few of my favorite recipes to bring together this powerhouse dish that leaves everyone wanting more!
To start, I’m making this dish using Chicken Ropa Vieja | Shredded Chicken which is a dish that I’m known for in my family partly because my Chicken Pastelitos/Emapanadas are a HUGE hit. Next, I build the nachos using Mariquitas aka Plantain Chips and I top it all off with my Pico de Gallo, Avocado Salsa, and Queso Fresco. Platano Nachos are a refreshing take on a classic party dish. You will not be disappointed!
Don’t forget to visit my YouTube Channel for step-by-step instructions on How to Make Platano Nachos!
- 1 lbs Shredded Chicken
- 3 Plantains for Mariquitas
- Queso Fresco to taste
- 2 Plum Tomatoes
- ¼ small white onion
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbs Cilantro
- ½ Lime
- 2 Hass Avocados
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Pimiento pepper *optional
- ⅓ Jalapeno Pepper
- 1 tbs Sour Cream
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- ½ Lime
- 2 tbs Cilantro
- Olive oil
- Season & marinade chicken.
- Cook chicken and shred once done. For more details, please see my Chicken Ropa Vieja | Shredded Chicken blog post and YouTube Video
- Once of the chicken has been shredded, peel and slice green plantains to make Mariquitas | Plantain Chips
- Heat up oil in skillet or fry pan
- Carefully add plantains making sure to nudge them along the way so that they don’t stick together while frying
- After a few minutes, once plantains are golden, remove from pan and drain excess oil onto a paper towel. Set aside.
- In a small-medium mixing bowl, combine diced tomatoes, onion, 1 tbs cilantro, salt, pepper, and ½ lime in order to make a Pico de Gallo. For more details, feel free to see Pico de Gallo blog post and YouTube video. Mix together and set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, add avocado, fresh lime, garlic, pimiento pepper, jalapeno pepper, salt, pepper, olive oil, water, cilantro, and sour cream. Pulse/blend until you reach desired creaminess.
- On a large plate, fan out Mariquitas | Plantain Chips
- Add Ropa Vieja |Shredded Chicken
- Add Pico de Gallo
- Add Avocado Salsa on top
- Garnish with Queso Fresco or any cheese of your liking
You can always make the avocado salsa as spicy and as creamy as you like. Be careful not to add too much sour cream and olive oil since avocado already have tons of healthy fats. You can always pash up the avocado by hands if you don’t wish to use a blender or a food processor