A party isn’t a party without some chips and salsa. I’m always amazed [read: shocked] at just how many extra and harmful ingredients homemade salsa has which is why I always make my own. The more and more cook and the more I aspire to teach others to cook, the more I’m genuinely surprised at how people don’t realize just how simple and easy their favorite foods are. Pico de Gallo is one of them.
Pico de Gallo is a fresh tomato salsa with endless possibilities. We eat it by the pounds at parties and get togethers. It’s a dish that’s so easy to make that anyone can remix it any they can—and just trust me, I’ve had fun doing just that. Whether you like it spicy or mild, Pico de Gallo is a great entry level dish to test your creativity. Today I’m keeping it simple but delicious nonetheless!
If you’d like to see a step-by-step tutorial on click here to learn How Make Pico de Gallo
Don’t forget to Pin this yumminess to your boards!
Homemade Pico de Gallo | Made To Order | Chef Zee CooksPrint This
- 1 Large tomato or 4 plum tomatoes
- ½ white onion minced
- 2 tbs cilantro minced
- 1-2 limes
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp of oregano
- 1 jalapeno minced *optional
- Finely mince onions and cilantro—set aside
- Dice tomatoes into small or medium pieces—your choice
- Combine tomatoes, onion, cilantro, and seasonings in a mixing bowl and mix
- Add red wine vinegar, limes, and mix
- Chill in the refrigerator for an hour before serving with your favorite chips