Mojo Grilled Chicken is a delicious dish that’s perfect for grilling season, but in all honesty—it’s also perfect for year round. I love making this dish particularly in the Spring/Summer because the fresh citrus flavor from the Cuban Mojo pairs really well with some sunshine and a cold sangria. I made this Mojo Grilled Chicken for Memorial Day Weekend and it was a hit! I knew right then and there that I had to share this recipe with my readers and subscribers.
Making this dish is rather simple. To start, you’re going to need some Cuban Mojo and some extra seasonings. As I mentioned in my Cuban Mojo blog post and YouTube video, I like to keep my mojo on the less salty side. This makes my sauce versatile thus allowing me to use the mojo as either a dip or a marinade. All in all, we’re marinating the chicken with the Cuban Mojo sauce and adobo for more added flavors.
- 1/2 cup of Cuban Mojo
- 1.5-2 tbs of adobo—or to taste
- 3 tsp or oregano
- 1/4 tsp of cumin
- 1lbs of chicken-- I used quarter legs but feel free to use whichever cut of chicken you like
- Season chicken with the dry ingredients
- Add mojo and mix throughout
- Make sure all sides of the chicken are well seasoned
- Marinade for at least an hour or overnight
- Preheat grill or oven to about 425 degrees
- Bake/Grill skin up for 10 minutes
- Flip over for another 5-10 minutes
- Flip back-- skin up and finish cooking. It took an hour for me
Optional: Add extra mojo when serving Sprinkle some salt on the chicken skin once your done seasoning the meat. This will give you crispy-salty chicken skin which is a delightful treat whether you’re grilling or roasting your chicken
Feel free to comment below and don’t forget to watch my step by step tutorial on How to Make Mojo Grilled Chicken.