One of my all-time favorite shows is Game of Thrones and in honor of the Season 6 premiere I’ve created a dish—Dragon Fire Drumsticks and a Blue Winter cocktail that I plan on serving at my viewing part this weekend. These drumsticks are coated in a savory pepper sauce making them super spicy yet delicious. I’ve paired them with a Blue Winter Cocktail that sure to send sweet chills down your spine as you drink.
Ingredients—Chicken and Pepper Sauce:
- 1 tbs Adobo or seasoning salt
- 1tbs Lemon Juice
- 1tbs Bitter Orange Juice (Feel free to use more lemon juice if you don’t have bitter orange juice)
Ingredients: Pepper Sauce
- 1 tbs Paprika
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 8 Garlic cloves (one per drumstick)
- 8-10 Large Chicken drumsticks
- 1/4 – ½ cup red wine vinegar (white vinegar will also work)
- 1/4- ½ cup of recao
- 1 whole white onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 Jamaican Scotch Bonnet Pepper (add 3 if you want it extra spicy)
- 5-6 Pimiento Peppers
- Olive Oil
- Salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400-425 degrees
- Rough chop all of your ingredients (onions, peppers, garlic, recao)
- Using a blender or food processor, blend—peppers (red, Jamaican, & pimiento), onion, garlic, and recao
- Once blended, add some salt to taste (optional), paprika, cayenne pepper, and vinegar. Blend again until all mixed in.
- Season one side of the chicken with adobo or seasoning salt, half of your lemon/bitter orange juice mixture, and some pepper sauce
- Flip chicken and repeat step 5 on the other side
- Make sure chicken is evenly coated on all sides
- Bake for an hour until chicken is crispy and cooked all the way through
If you have left over pepper sauce, no worries just add some more vinegar and salt if needed. You can use this as a dipping sauce for the chicken or nachos. This pepper sauce can also serve as a homemade hot sauce or marinade for another dish of your choice. Try it with grilled cod fish—you won’t regret it!
Ingredients—Blue Winter Cocktail
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- ½ cup sweet condensed milk
- 1 ½ cup coconut cream
- 1 ½ cup evaporated milk
- 1 ½ cup white rum
- 1 ½ cup pineapple juice
- 1-2 cups of Blue Curacao ** the more you add the bluer your drink**
Directions—Blue Winter Cocktail:
- Mix all of your ingredients in a blender and store in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve
- Once you’re ready to serve, blend the Blue Winter Cocktail again with some ice and served chilled
- Garnish with coconut flakes
If you want your Blue Winter Cocktail to be super vibrant, add more Blue Curacao.
Enjoy! Bueno provecho!