Creamy Homemade Chocolate PuddingPrint This
- 2 ¼ cup whole milk, half & half, or evaporated milk
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbs cornstarch
- 1 cup bittersweet dark chocolate chips/wafers
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tbs espresso
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of cinnamon *optional
- 2 tbs butter
- Warm up milk on low flame
- In a mixing, combine eggs, corn starch, sugar, and salt. Mix
- Once the milk comes up to temperature, slowly add some milk to eggs while whisking. Be careful not to scramble eggs. We want to temper eggs.
- Once the eggs have become nice and hot, add egg mixture back into pot with the milk
- Add vanilla extract & whisk
- Continue whisking eggs over low heat. Make sure you whisk along the edges of the pot
- Once the mixture begins to bubble, let bubble for 30-60secs. This will determine how thick your pudding gets.
- Taking pudding off of the stove, and add chocolate, espresso, and pinch of cinnamon.
- Continue whisking until well combined.
- Now strain pudding through shive. This step is optional.
- You may enjoy chocolate pudding hot or cold. If you don’t like a skin on your pudding, place seran wrap directly on top of the pudding.
- Store in refrigerator for two hours if you like it cold.
- Enjoy with whipped cream & fruit.