- 1 lbs Bacalao
- 1 Small Onion
- ¼ Red Pepper
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- ¼ Green Pepper
- ½ tbs Sazón
- 1 tsp DR Orégano
- Black Pepper to Taste
- 2 tbs Tomato Paste
- 1 cup of Water
- 2 Potatoes Boiled
- 2 tbs Cilantro
- ½ tsp Sopita or Adobo if needed
- Rinse Bacalao under cold water and then place in water 2 hours making sure to switch out the water every 15-30 mins. Goal is to drain as much salt from the fish as possible.
- Boil Bacalao for 30 mins. If you want to be extra careful, swap out water after 15 mins with new fresh water. This will insure that your Bacalao is not salty
- In a separate pot, boil diced potatoes until soft
- After Bacalao has finished boiling, shred and set aside
- In a deep skillet, heat up oil and add onions, peppers, & garlic
- Then add sazón, black pepper, and orégano. Mix until well combined.
- Then tomato paste, cilantro & water. Mix again.
- Simmer for 3 minutes
- Add bacalao and potatoes
- Gently stir and mix in Baclao until covered with sauce.
- Simmer for an additional 5 mins & add any adobo or sopita if needed
You can make this dish with or without potatoes. The choice is up to you.
Don’t forget to Pin this yumminess to your Pinterest boards!